Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Upsetters - Return of Django (1969)


A little slice of instrumental reggae/rocksteady heaven courtesy of the house band for Lee Perry's record label, Upsetter. Makes me want to get high and cruise.

Track listing:
1. Return of Django
2. Touch of Fire
3. Cold Sweat
4. Drugs and Poison
5. Soulful I
6. Night Doctor
7. One Punch
8. Eight for Eight
9. Live Injection
10. Man from M.I.5
11. Ten to Twelve
12. Medical Operation

Ice on my head feels nice on my head

If you like this, listen to:
U-Roy -
Dread in a Babylon (1975)
Bunny Wailer -
Blackheart Man (1976)

2 comments:

  1. A bit too rocksteady to my ears (I prefer later reggae) but always interesting to hear how reggae emerged from a mix of rock and carribean rhythms.

    Thanks for the share Dear Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for getting this into my collection - it's been a fave all year long - love the organ and can't beat that bass groove

    ReplyDelete