Sunday, September 3, 2017

Trouble - Run to the Light (1987)


God-tier US doom metal. Run to the Light has a more classic heavy metal feel than most doom, meaning that it's overall faster, has shred solos, and is actually pretty fun. For instance, "On Borrowed Time" includes a brief homage to John Harrison's doom-laden take on "Camptown Races", as heard in Creepshow. Great stuff.

Track listing:
1. The Misery Shows
2. Thinking of the Past
3. On Borrowed Time
4. Run to the Light
5. Peace of Mind
6. Born in a Prison
7. Tuesday's Child
8. The Beginning

I can hold my breath for a looooong time!

For more like this, try:
Black Sabbath -
Dehumanizer (1992)
Cathedral -
Supernatural Birth Machine (1996)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - forgot about these guys! - I believe this is from the late 80's not '94

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I knew that, too, not sure where my head was at. Thank you!

      Delete